Working with Cougar Pumps
Cougar Pumps is an established company with a great future and huge potential. We’ve been around since 1980, and have grown steadily and securely.
To keep that growth going, we are always looking for new and enthusiastic people. We offer full time employment opportunities, apprenticeship placements and trainee posts in the following areas:
Office based sales – contacting past, current and potential future customers by phone, letter and email.
External sales - getting out in the field, visiting customers, tracking down new opportunities.
Service engineers - you’ll be out on the road every day, visiting customers and fixing their problems.
Workshop engineers - when pumps go really wrong, we bring them to our workshop where they are stripped down, fixed, and made to look like new.
Marketing - generating new business is an essential part of any firm’s growth. We embrace all types of marketing and would love people with imagination and creativity to come and work with us. You’ll work closely with the sales team to come up with some sparkling campaigns.
All our job roles are open to all applicants.
What experience and qualifications do I need to apply for a job with Cougar?
We welcome applications from people across the whole range of academic achievement. If you have qualifications that’s great, but if you don’t - that’s not a problem.
Experience is a bonus – it can be valuable. But if you’re keen to build a career in any of the job roles we offer and it’s completely new to you, don’t worry.
So what do I need?
What’s really important to us? Two things: that you’re punctual (we really like our team to show up on time in the morning) and that you’re enthusiastic! (We want to you to come to us interested and willing to learn.)
We are happy to provide all the training, support and resources you need to grow your skills, learn your job, be really good at it and get the most from your role.
Why would you want to work for Cougar Pumps?
- There is always high demand for what we supply and what we do. We’re not going anywhere. We’re confident that the right people will have a secure, long-term job if that’s important to them
- We’re not a big company, but we are growing. There is a strong team who enjoy working together and who will be very supportive of new staff coming in. They like working here, and they’ll do all they can to make sure you do too
- We pay decent salaries. And we like to reward the team for the great work they do for us
- Apprentices are paid the regular rate for placements, but rest assured, if you apply yourself to the job, absorb all the training and carry on showing up - there will be a job for you at the end of your apprenticeship. We’re going to train you well, and we won’t want to lose you!
- You are always welcome to send us your CV if you fancy enhancing your career. If you don’t really have a CV, just tell us about yourself. Get in touch any way you please; write us a letter, send us an email, or pick up the phone
Openings available right now:
SALES - we are actively looking for someone with sales experience and a good track record, preferably in a similar sort of sector. A person who knows how to sell well, ethically and enthusiastically, and who is keen to serve our customers. If you think you can hit the ground running for the right company - give us a call!
ENGINEERS - good engineers are always in demand. Whether you’re experienced, or brand new to this sort of work, we’d like to hear from you. We can help you grow and expand your skills, or train you from scratch. Just drop us a CV, a letter or an email, or call us for a chat.
MARKETING - this really is a role where we’d like someone with experience to join us. We want to do more marketing in order to grow our customer base. We know there are lots of opportunities out there - we need someone to help us find them.
What our staff say:
“Best job I’ve ever had”
“Great place to work”